As of February 10, 2008, the Being a Mom is Great blog has moved here (www.soapboxmom.com). Please visit Soapbox Mom to read more articles by this author (bmg mom is now Soapboxmom).
A mom of tweens lets you peek inside her world — which is sometimes great, sometimes frustrating, often exhausting, usually hectic and never easy. Her objective is to help all parents find a way to find the joy in parenting, to take care of themselves and to remember to laugh now and then.
Who am I? I’m a midwestern girl at heart, so I like keeping it real and staying far away from pretense. I’ve lived on (almost) the west coast and (almost) the east coast and love where I finally landed. I’m lucky to be able to say that my life has been full of great adventures and thrilling opportunities as well as some difficult losses. I used to be on a fast track and full of ambition until we ran into a brick wall of bad childcare and were forced to consider the possibility of my staying home. After researching, analyzing and pondering the question to death, I finally decided to stay home with my kids. My adjustment period was probably a bit longer than average. I initially hated answering the inevitable cocktail party question, “So, what do you do?” but after several years I began to embrace my new life and was finally able to say, “Being a mom is great!”
This blog is really my continued response to that question. All of the experiences, observations and thoughts in all these posts? That’s what I do.
So I guess you could say that I experience, observe and think about life in general, but, more specifically, as lived by a mom.
I hope you spend some time on the blog. And I hope what’s here makes you smile.
bmgmom [at] gmail [dot] com
LEGAL & PRIVACY
Before we get much further, let’s clarify a couple of things. First, this modest Being a Mom is Great Web site (as defined below) consists solely of the opinions, thoughts, and humor of its founder and various, often anonymous, viewers (or, as defined below, “Users”) who elect to comment on such opinions, thoughts and humor found here from time to time, along with links to third party content. Second, except as otherwise noted, the Being a Mom is Great Web site does not accept third party advertising or otherwise profit from its operations. It’s a labor of love. Regular sources of third party content are included in the Blogrolls, and suggested additions to the Blogrolls are welcome. Third, if you have a DMCA-based objection, you are welcome to follow the procedures described below, but we can assure you that there is no intent to commercially exploit any third party copyrights on this Being a Mom is Great Web site. We reserve the right to post and otherwise disclose any received complaints on the Being a Mom is Great Web site. As for privacy, please note that any commenter posts at its own risk and with an expectation (although without any assurance) that its comments may be posted on the Being a Mom is Great Web site. No affirmative effort is made to collect or exploit User data beyond the acceptance or denial of submitted comments. We reserve the right to make editorial changes to submitted comments as a condition of their approval, particularly in the case of offensive or abusive content. We use RSS feeds, social networking sites and various online syndicators to make the world aware of the existence of the Being a Mom is Great Web site, lest it be a tree falling in the woods.
“Being a Mom is Great Web site” is a term which refers to the interactive Web site accessible at domain address http://www.beingamomisgreat.wordpress.com (”BMGMOM”) on the World Wide Web of the Internet, consisting of information services and content provided by BMGMOM. “User” means any person or entity who views or posts content on the BMGMOM Web site, and
- BMGMOM shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the BMGMOM Web site.
- THE BMGMOM WEB SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE. THEREFORE, PERSONS UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO REGISTER FOR ANY SERVICES OR REQUEST ANY INFORMATION ON THE BMGMOM WEB SITE.
- By submitting information about a User or a User’s business, the User agrees and consents to BMGMOM’s disclosure and publication of such information. The BMGMOM Web site will not monitor, edit, or disclose to third parties any personal information about a User or a User’s use of any services or information contained on the BMGMOM Web site, without a User’s prior permission unless BMGMOM has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the BMGMOM Web site;
- Act to protect the interests of others.
3. Changed Terms.
BMGMOM shall have the right at any time to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to User’s use of the BMGMOM Web site, or any part thereof, or to impose new conditions, including, but not limited to, adding fees and charges for use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on the BMGMOM Web site, or by electronic or conventional mail, or by any other means by which User obtains notice thereof. Any use of the BMGMOM Web site by User after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by User of such changes, modifications or additions.
User shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the BMGMOM Web site and all charges related thereto.
5. User Conduct.
- User shall use the BMGMOM Web site for lawful purposes only. User shall not post or transmit through the BMGMOM Web site any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law, or which, without BMGMOM’s express prior approval, contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. Any conduct by a User that in BMGMOM’s discretion restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the BMGMOM Web site will not be permitted. User shall not use the BMGMOM Web site to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, but not limited to, solicitations intended to be competitive with BMGMOM’s products and services.
- The BMGMOM Web site contain copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, including, but not limited to, text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the BMGMOM Web site are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. BMGMOM owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. User may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content, in whole or in part. User may download copyrighted material for User’s personal use only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express permission of BMGMOM and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made. User acknowledges that it does not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- User shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the BMGMOM Web site any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with User. User shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. By submitting material to any public area of the BMGMOM Web site, User automatically grants, or warrants that the owner of such material has expressly granted BMGMOM the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such material. User also permits any other User to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that User’s personal use. User hereby grants BMGMOM the right to edit, copy, publish and distribute any material made available on the BMGMOM Web site by User.
- The foregoing provisions of Section 5 are for the benefit of the BMGMOM, its subsidiaries, affiliates and its third party content providers and licensors and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.
6. Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability.
- USER EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE BMGMOM WEB SITE IS AT USER’S SOLE RISK. NEITHER BMGMOM NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE BMGMOM WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES IT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE BMGMOM WEB SITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE BMGMOM WEB SITE.
- THE BMGMOM WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT BMGMOM IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD-PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH USER.
- IN NO EVENT WILL BMGMOM, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE BMGMOM WEB SITE OR THE SOFTWARE UTILIZED ON THE BMGMOM WEB SITE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE BMGMOM WEB SITE. USER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON THE BMGMOM WEB SITE.
- IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE, NEITHER BMGMOM NOR ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR UNAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE ROADKILL REFUGEE WEB SITE, OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO THE USER, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. PRIOR TO THE EXECUTION OF A STOCK TRADE, USERS ARE ADVISED TO CONSULT WITH YOUR BROKER OR OTHER FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE TO VERIFY PRICING OR OTHER INFORMATION. BMGMOM, ITS AFFILIATES, INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR INVESTMENT DECISIONS BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED. BMGMOM DOES NOT, NEITHER DIRECTLY NOR ON BEHALF OF ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS OR CONTENT PARTNERS WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, SECURITY, QUALITY, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS INFORMATION. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE INFORMATION.
User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless BMGMOM, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use of the BMGMOM Web site by User.
BMGMOM, the BMGMOM design logo, are trademarks of BMGMOM. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on the BMGMOM Web site are the property of their respective owners.
11. Third Party Content.
BMGMOM, through its operation of the BMGMOM Web site, is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and Users. Accordingly, BMGMOM has no more editorial control over such third party content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers and Users of the BMGMOM Web site, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of BMGMOM. Neither BMGMOM nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, quality, system integration or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. (Refer to Section 6 above for the complete provisions governing limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty.) In many instances, the content available through the BMGMOM Web site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective information provider, or User. Such entities are not under contract and BMGMOM neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any third party opinion, advice or statement made on the BMGMOM Web site. Under no circumstances will BMGMOM be liable for any loss or damage caused by a User’s reliance on information obtained through the BMGMOM Web site. It is the responsibility of User to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, quality, system integration or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the BMGMOM Web site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
13. International Use.
By choosing to access the BMGMOM Web site from any location other than the United States, a User accepts full responsibility for compliance with all local laws. Users are also subject to United States export controls and are responsible for any violations of United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports.
14. Linking to Third Party Sites.
The BMGMOM Web site may provide Users with links to third-party Internet sites. Users assume full responsibility when they choose to follow any links on the BMGMOM Web site that lead to third-party sites. BMGMOM takes no responsibility for the content of or for transactions involving third-party sites to which it links. The inclusion of a link to a site does not necessarily imply endorsement of the site by BMGMOM or any association with its operators.
15. Copyrights and Copyright Agent.
BMGMOM respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, BMGMOM has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide BMGMOM’s Copyright Agent with the following information (as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact:
BMGMOM [AT] gmail [DOT] com.
For any questions or requests other than copyright issues, please contact: bmgmom [AT] gmail [DOT] com.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 1/3/2007.
4 responses to “About BMG Mom”
Hi! I like your site!!
Thanks for visiting.
Hey there, trying to get in touch with you regarding your podcast. Aviva and I would like to talk to ya!
Please give me a call at your convenience. 618-558-4326
Have a nice day !